Are you struggling with debilitating injuries that have changed how you live your life? Did you get hurt because of someone else’s negligent or wrongful actions? If so, call Kenny Habetz Injury Law.
You shouldn’t have to deal with the consequences of your catastrophic injuries alone. Our experienced Lafayette catastrophic injury lawyer is here to help you assert your rights and demand maximum compensation for your costs and suffering.
For over a decade, Kenny Habetz Injury Law has been a fierce advocate for catastrophically injured accident victims and grieving families in Lafayette. We put our clients first and work hard to make a positive impact in their lives. Our results are a testament to our hard work, with millions in life-changing financial awards recovered due to our expertise in cases involving car accidents, Lafeyette truck accidents, wrongful death claims, Lafayette motorcycle injuries, brain injury cases, Lafayette slip and fall accidents, and more.
How Kenny Habetz Injury Law Can Help You Maximize Compensation for Your Catastrophic Injuries in Lafayette
The insurance company might seem sympathetic to your situation, but they won’t have your best interests at heart. In fact, they’ll try to manipulate you during this stressful time in your life and find a way to deny your claim or limit your financial payout.
Force them to take your catastrophic injury claim seriously by enlisting the help of top-rated Lafayette personal injury attorney Kenny Habetz.
For more than a decade, he’s helped severely injured clients stand up to powerful insurance companies, hospitals, corporations, and employers after life-changing accidents. Through hard work and tireless dedication, he’s helped them recover millions in settlement and jury verdicts.
When you choose Kenny Habetz Injury Law, you give yourself the time and opportunity to focus on recovering while our team handles everything else:
- Investigate the accident that resulted in your catastrophic injuries
- Gather evidence that lends support to a successful claim for damages
- Interview eyewitnesses and experts
- Represent you during settlement conferences and work to negotiate a top-dollar payout on your behalf
- Help you make important decisions about your catastrophic injury case, like whether it’s best to accept a settlement offer or if you might want to push forward to trial
The costs of a catastrophic injury can be overwhelming. Hiring a lawyer shouldn’t add to your financial stress. That’s why we work on contingency. There’s absolutely no cost to hire our Lafayette personal injury law firm unless we win your catastrophic injury case.
Call our law office in Lafayette, LA, to get started with a free case assessment now.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
The term catastrophic injury refers to trauma that substantially changes your life. These changes can be temporary or permanent, but the impact is quite clear. Often, victims who sustain catastrophic injuries deal with things like excruciating pain, cognitive dysfunction, limited mobility, paralysis, and severe emotional distress.
When you suffer a catastrophic injury, it becomes difficult to work, earn an income, and simply return to your day-to-day life.
While any injury has the potential to be catastrophic if it’s severe enough, the term is typically used to refer to:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Severe burns
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
Some victims of catastrophic injuries will recover over time. Others will deal with the consequences of their injuries for the rest of their lives. When these injuries result from avoidable accidents or acts of crime or violence, compensation can be available to victims.
What Are the Top Causes of Catastrophic Injuries in Lafayette, LA?
Any traumatic accident or act of violence can potentially leave victims struggling with catastrophic injuries.
At Kenny Habetz Injury Law, we represent clients who have sustained catastrophic injuries as a result of:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Boating accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Birth injury
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Accidents involving defective products
- Sexual assault
- Negligent security
Benefit from our extensive experience handling these delicate and important legal matters by calling our Lafayette catastrophic injury attorney for help today.
How Much Is My Lafayette Catastrophic Injury Case Worth?
The costs associated with recovering from and/or living with a catastrophic injury can be quite high:
- Moderate burns without complications: $206,853
- Severe burns without complications: $1,617,345
- Severe burns with complications: $10 million
- Traumatic brain injury: $85,000 to $3 million
- Paraplegia: $567,011 in the first year and $75,112 for each subsequent year
A 25-year-old who sustains a high tetraplegia spinal cord injury can realize lifetime costs of over $5.1 million.
What’s clear is that catastrophic injuries can be expensive, and the costs will vary from one person to another. As a result, there’s no standard settlement or average cost for catastrophic injury claims.
Instead, factors that are specific to each case will drive the value:
- Is your catastrophic injury permanent?
- What type of medical treatment will you require, and for how long?
- How has your earning capacity changed since you were catastrophically injured?
- Are you getting blamed for your catastrophic injury?
- What insurance benefits are available, and what are the policy limits?
- How old are you?
- How has the injury affected your psychological and emotional well-being?
The more your life has changed because of your catastrophic injury, and the more costs you realize, the more money you’re likely to recover in a related insurance claim or lawsuit.
Our catastrophic injury attorney in Lafayette will help you work to get every cent you deserve.
What Types of Damages Can I Get After I’ve Sustained Catastrophic Injuries in a Layfayette Accident?
When you seek compensation through an insurance claim or catastrophic injury lawsuit, you can generally recover compensatory damages.
Compensatory damages are broken down into two categories: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages are awarded to offset the monetary costs and financial losses related to your accident and catastrophic injury, including:
- Current medical bills, including hospitalization, surgery, medical devices, and medication
- Future medical expenses, including follow-up treatment, rehabilitation, and therapy
- Nursing care and assistance
- Modifications to your home and/or vehicle to accommodate a disability
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Funeral expenses
Non-economic damages help to compensate for the life changes and related suffering you experience as an accident victim, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Chronic physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
Punitive damages can also be awarded if your catastrophic injury case goes to trial. However, a jury must find by clear and convincing evidence that the person responsible for your catastrophic injury acted intentionally or displayed grossly negligent behavior.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Partly To Blame For My Catastrophic Injuries?
Yes, but your financial recovery will be limited.
Louisiana operates under a pure comparative fault system. Liability extends to everyone who contributes to an accident – including victims. The more fault you share, the less money you can recover in a related claim for damages.
If you’re 15 percent at fault for the accident that caused your catastrophic injury, then your financial recovery will be reduced by 15 percent to reflect that.
Lafayette catastrophic injury attorney Kenny Habetz will be ready to defend you against victim-blaming tactics. The insurance company or negligent party might try to shift blame to you to limit their own liability. Our team will fight back and work to neutralize these tactics to protect your ability to get the money you deserve.
Is There a Deadline To File a Louisiana Catastrophic Injury Lawsuit?
Under Louisiana state law, you will have just one year to pursue compensation after you’ve sustained catastrophic injuries in a Lafayette accident.
The statute of limitations begins to run on the date you were injured or the date your injury is discovered, whichever is later.
You can’t let the deadline come and go without asserting your rights. Once time runs out, you lose the opportunity to get the financial accountability you deserve.
Protect yourself by calling Kenny Habetz Injury Law for help immediately after you’ve been involved in an accident in Lafayette, LA.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Layfayette Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
You don’t have to deal with the consequences of your catastrophic injury on your own. Call Kenny Habetz Injury Law and discover how our Lafayette catastrophic injury attorney can help you stand up, assert your legal rights, and obtain the sizable financial award you deserve.
For more than a decade, Kenny Habetz Injury Law has provided unparalleled legal representation to catastrophically injured accident victims and grieving families in Lafayette. We’ve helped our clients win millions – and we’re ready to fight to get you top results, too.
Reach out to our law office in Lafayette, LA, to set up a time to discuss the details of your catastrophic injury case. Your first consultation is free, so call now.
Our Lafayette, LA personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Attorneys in Lafayette, LA
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Lafayette, LA
- Boating Accident Attorney in Lafayette, LA
- Brain Injury Lawyer in Lafayette, LA
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Lafayette, LA
- Maritime Injury Attorney in Lafayette, LA
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Lafayette, LA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Lafayette, LA
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Lafayette, LA
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Lafayette, LA
- Truck Accident Attorney in Lafayette, LA
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Lafayette, LA
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Lafayette, LA
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Lafayette, LA
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Lafayette, LA
- Product Liability Attorney in Lafayette, LA