You could have a sizable claim for compensation against the at-fault driver for things like your pain and suffering, medical bills, repair costs, and emotional distress.
We’re led by Lafayette motorcycle accident lawyer Kenny Habetz, who has over a decade of experience practicing personal injury law. To date, our personal injury law firm has collected millions of dollars in compensation for deserving personal injury victims throughout the greater Lafayette area.
If you let us go to bat for you in your case, we are confident that we can secure a favorable outcome for you as well.
To learn more, ore, Contact us today online. We look forward to speaking with you, and we offer a free consultation to go over your case.
How Kenny Habetz Injury Law Can Help After a Motorcycle Accident in Lafayette
Anyone that rides a motorcycle can tell you how enjoyable an experience it can be compared to driving a car. Of course, there are pros and cons to almost everything, and motorcycle riding is no exception. Motorcycles are inherently more dangerous than automobiles, and riders often suffer the brunt of the harm when they are involved in a crash.
You deserve adequate compensation if you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident in Lafayette, Louisiana. A Lafayette personal injury attorney with Kenny Habetz Injury Law is here to put your rights and interests first.
Attorney Kenny Habetz is one of the most well-respected personal injury lawyers in the area, receiving accolades such as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers and membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. When you hire him and the rest of our legal team, we will get to work by:
- Fully investigating your motorcycle accident to collect evidence and strengthen your claim
- Negotiating a fair settlement agreement on your behalf with the other party
- Handling all of the communications, paperwork, and procedures related to your claim
- Bringing your case to court and even all the way to trial if necessary
Set up your free case review today by calling us or by reaching out online. We’re available 24/7 to talk with you about your motorcycle accident.
Are Motorcycle Accidents Common in Lafayette, LA?
Louisiana State University’s (LSU’s) Center for Analytics & Research in Transportation Safety (CARTS) provides a thorough overview of motor vehicle accident statistics across the state, including for Lafayette Parish. The numbers indicate the following for motorcycle accidents in the area over the past three years:
- 2022 (as of December): 78 injury-causing accidents and 6 fatal accidents
- 2021: 90 injury-causing accidents and 4 fatal accidents
- 2020: 77 injury-causing accidents and 3 fatal accidents
This means that there is a motorcycle accident in Lafayette Parish approximately once every 4-5 days, on average.
How Much Is My Lafayette Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
Motorcycle accident cases in Lafayette can vary significantly in value. The cases that involve the most severe injuries that most heavily impact the victim’s life tend to be worth the most, but that is just one factor that goes into the equation. Other factors include:
- The terms of any applicable insurance policies
- How much evidence there is to support your case
- How old you were at the time of the crash
- Whether you are expected to make a full recovery
- The extent to which you’ve had to miss work
The best way to find out the value of your case is to set up a free case review with an experienced Lafayette motorcycle accident attorney. During that meeting, a lawyer can provide you with a more specific answer to this question.
We Can Help Recover Compensation for Each of Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Louisiana
With over ten years of experience, our Lafayette personal injury attorney has handled almost every type of case in this area of the law. The types of motorcycle accident injuries we can help you secure compensation for include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Catastrophic injuries, such as amputations
- Chest injuries
- Leg injuries
- Road rash
- Nerve damage
- Back injuries
- Foot injuries
- Lacerations and puncture wounds
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Whether or not your motorcycle accident injuries are listed above, our attorney can help. Contact our law office in Lafayette today to learn more.
What Types of Damages Can I Receive for a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Lafayette?
You can receive economic damages after a motorcycle accident in Lafayette, and you can also receive non-economic damages.
Examples of economic damages include:
- Medical bills
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost wages
- Decreased earning capacity
Non-economic damages include things such as:
- Emotional distress
- PTSD, anxiety, and other similar conditions
- Pain and suffering
Punitive damages may be awarded, but only in rare cases that involve especially egregious behavior, such as a recklessly drunk driver.
When you hire Kenny Habetz Injury Law, we’ll leave no stone unturned in pursuit of compensation for you. Set up your free consultation today by giving us a quick call.
What if I Am Partly To Blame for My Motorcycle Accident in Lafayette, Louisiana?
You can still receive compensation even if the accident was partially your fault in Louisiana, as the state follows a pure comparative negligence law.
Under pure comparative negligence, you will be assigned a percentage of fault for the accident, and your financial award could be adjusted accordingly. So if you are awarded $800,000 and are assigned 25% of the blame, that award could be reduced to $600,000, which is the full amount minus 25%.
This is often a critical issue in personal injury cases because the other party can reduce their liability for the accident if they can place the blame on you. If you have a motorcycle accident lawyer to represent you, you’ll have the ability to effectively fight back against these allegations.
How Much Time Do I Have To File My Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit in Louisiana?
In the State of Louisiana, you will only have one year from the date of the accident to file your lawsuit in most cases. This is the deadline that is set by the state’s statute of limitations. Make sure to file your lawsuit on time because otherwise, you’ll lose your right to pursue compensation from the at-fault party.
There are exceptions to this deadline, but they are limited, such as when the accident victim was under the age of 18 at the time of the crash. In those cases, the one-year deadline starts when the victim reaches that age.
It’s best to promptly reach out for legal help if you’re unsure of how the deadline applies in your case. We can provide insight during your free consultation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Lafayette Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
If you’ve been harmed in a motorcycle accident in Lafayette, you deserve to be made whole again as best as is feasible. Louisiana is an at-fault state when it comes to motor vehicle accidents, so you’ll be able to pursue a claim from the responsible driver.
Kenny Habetz Injury Law can take care of every aspect of your claim while you recover from the accident and your injuries.
In addition, we work on a contingency fee basis. What that entails is that you will pay us nothing upfront, and we’ll only receive attorney’s fees if we obtain compensation for you. We will be paid as a percentage of that award, and we will agree with you as to the percentage ahead of time.
The benefits of this payment system are that you can hire us even if you wouldn’t be able to afford to otherwise.
Further, we’ll be incentivized to maximize the value of your claim because the larger your financial award, the more money we will receive as well.
Contact us today by phone to set up your free case evaluation.
Lafayette Auto Repair Shops
- Tire Choice Auto Service Centers – 2014 NE Evangeline Thruway Lafayette, LA 70501
- Dave’s Car Care Center – 1400 W Pinhook Rd Lafayette, LA 70503
- Chabill’s Tire & Auto Service – 2306 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette, LA 70506
- Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers – 2964 Johnston St Lafayette, LA 70503
Lafayette Emergency Rooms
- Orthopedic Urgent Care – 4231 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Ste 102 Lafayette, LA 70508
- MinuteMed Walk-In Clinic – 3619E Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette, LA 70506
- Lafayette General Medical Center – 1214 Coolidge St Lafayette, LA 70503
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Lafayette Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Review
Our Lafayette, LA personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Lafayette, LA
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Lafayette, LA
- Brain Injury Lawyer in Lafayette, LA
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Lafayette, LA
- Maritime Injury Attorney in Lafayette, LA
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Lafayette, LA
- Truck Accident Attorney in Lafayette, LA
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Lafayette, LA
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Lafayette, LA
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Lafayette, LA
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Lafayette, LA
- Product Liability Attorney in Lafayette, LA