Crowley Car Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a car accident in Crowley, Louisiana? Was it caused by someone else? You might be able to hold them financially responsible for your damages, including medical bills, lost income, and emotional trauma. A Crowley car accident lawyer from Kenny Habetz Injury Law can help you fight for fair compensation, call us at (337) 329-8883.
We have over a decade of experience and have secured millions of dollars for our clients throughout Acadia Parish. We’re prepared to put our dedication and skills to work for you to get the financial recovery you deserve with our successful experience in cases involving Crowley truck accidents, brain injuries, Crowley slip an fall cases, motorcycle injuries, Crowley wrongful death and more.
We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your collision, injuries, and legal options. Contact our Crowley, LA law firm by calling us or filling out our online form.
How Kenny Habetz Injury Law Can Help After a Car Accident in Crowley, LA
Not all car accident victims require legal representation. For example, if you were in a minor fender-bender and sustained minimal property damage, you can likely handle your claim. However, if you’re suffering from injuries, you should seek help from an experienced attorney.
Why? An attorney will significantly increase your chances of recovering the maximum amount possible in your claim.
The legal team at Kenny Habetz Injury Law is passionate about helping injured people pursue compensation after devastating accidents. We know how to fight insurance companies that try to undervalue and deny valid claims, and we’ll make sure they don’t take advantage of you during your time of need.
If you retain us for help, you can expect a car accident attorney to:
- Investigate the collision and identify potentially liable parties
- Gather evidence to prove each element of your case, including liability and damages
- Consult experts to evaluate complex issues in your case, if necessary
- Communicate with insurance companies on your behalf and submit all necessary documentation
- File a personal injury lawsuit if we fail to secure a favorable out-of-court settlement
- Represent you in all court proceedings and at trial if necessary
Contact our Crowley law office to learn how our skilled personal injury attorneys can help after a car accident and the benefits of creating an attorney-client relationship.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Crowley, Louisiana?
According to the Center for Analytics & Research in Transportation Safety, there were:
- 469 injury crashes reported in Acadia Parish in 2021
- 19 fatal crashes reported in Acadia Parish in 2021
- 398 injury crashes reported in Acadia Parish as of 12/19/2022
- 13 fatal crashes reported in Acadia Parish as of 12/19/2022
Acadia Parish typically has between one to three percent of the state’s injury and fatal car accidents.
What Causes Most Car Crashes in Crowley, LA?
Most Crowley motor vehicle accidents are caused by driver error or negligence. Accordingly, a majority of collisions are entirely avoidable.
Some common causes of crashes throughout Crowley include:
- Distracted driving, such as texting, talking to a passenger, or eating
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Ignoring traffic signs or signals
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Failure to check blind spots
- Improper or unsafe lane changes, turns, or passing
- Aggressive driving, such as road rage, tailgating, or brake checking
- Driver fatigue
Some collisions aren’t caused by driver negligence. For instance, road defects, defective car parts, and adverse weather conditions can lead to accidents.
We Handle All Types of Car Accident Cases
Car accidents can happen in a variety of ways. We can help no matter how your wreck occurred, including but not limited to:
- Rear-end collision
- Head-on collision
- T-bone accident
- Side-swipe collision
- Rollover accident
- Hit-and-run accident
- Truck accident
- Uber accident
- Lyft accident
- Highway accident
- Single-vehicle accident
- Multi-vehicle accident
- Intersection accident
Contact our Crowley personal injury lawyer today to learn more.
We’ll Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can cause many different types of injuries, ranging from minor to catastrophic.
We can help no matter the severity of your injuries, which may include:
- Fractured or broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle strains and sprains
- Nerve damage
- Facial injuries
- Chest injuries, including seat belt injuries
- Airbag injuries
- Internal organ damage
Contact our Crowley law firm today to discuss your injuries and the compensation you can seek to recover from them.
How Much Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
The value of your case will depend on a variety of things because every car accident is different and causes different types of injuries.
Accordingly, your case’s value will depend on many factors, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- How your injuries affect your quality of life
- The medical expenses, out-of-pocket expenses, and lost wages you’ve incurred
- Whether you share fault for the car accident
- The pain and suffering you’ve endured
- The parties and insurance coverage involved in your case
- Whether you’ve sustained a permanent disability or impairment
During your free case evaluation, we’ll learn more about your car accident and how it has impacted your life. Then, we can give you a better idea of how much your claim is worth. Contact us to discuss your case and what you can expect to receive.
What Compensation Is Available After a Collision?
Crowley car accident victims can seek compensation for their economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages represent monetary losses that you can quantify, such as:
- Medical bills, including ER visits and doctor’s appointments
- Future medical expenses, including physical therapy, rehabilitation, and ongoing treatment
- Lost wages and employment benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Property damage
Non-economic damages represent the harder-to-value losses you sustain due to the car accident, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Anxiety, depression, vehophobia, and other mental disorders
- Diminished quality of life
Putting a dollar value on non-economic and future damages can be challenging. We’ll help you quantify your losses and pursue them in a personal injury claim.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Car Accident in Louisiana?
Louisiana is an at-fault state for car insurance, meaning you must pursue compensation from the at-fault driver and prove that they caused the accident. You’ll typically file a claim with their liability auto insurance company.
Negligence consists of four elements that must be proven by the plaintiff in a personal injury case:
- Duty of care: Drivers owe others who share the road a duty of care to act reasonably to prevent accidents.
- Breach of duty: If the at-fault party breached their duty by acting unreasonably under the circumstances, they likely breached their duty of care.
- Causation: The at-fault party must have directly caused the accident and your injuries.
- Damages: You must have sustained damages, such as medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering.
The following evidence may be useful to prove negligence in a Crowley car accident case:
- Crash report
- Medical records
- Eyewitness statements
- Photographs, dash cam footage, and videos of the accident scene and injuries
- Expert witness testimony
- Physical evidence
- Employment records, including pay stubs and attendance records
- Receipts, invoices, and statements proving your out-of-pocket expenses
- Statements from your family members and friends regarding how the car accident has impacted your daily life
Our car accident attorneys in Crowley will help you collect evidence proving every element of your personal injury case.
What If I’m Partially At Fault for My Car Accident?
Luckily, Louisiana operates under a pure comparative fault statute. That means you can recover compensation even if you’re mostly at fault for causing an accident. You just can’t be 100% responsible.
However, your awarded compensation will be reduced by your percentage of allocated fault. So if you’re assigned 60% of the blame for causing a crash, you can only take home 40% of your awarded settlement or verdict.
Insurance adjusters and other defendants will use this law against you to reduce their financial responsibility. If you’re being blamed for an accident, contact Kenny Habetz Injury Law for assistance.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Car Accident in Louisiana?
Louisiana’s statute of limitations only gives you one year from the date of your car accident to file a lawsuit. If you lost a loved one in a fatal collision, you have one year from their date of death to file a wrongful death action.
There could be exceptions. If you miss the applicable statutory deadline, you’ll lose your legal right to hold the at-fault driver accountable. Additionally, one year isn’t a lot of time to gather evidence and build a case. Therefore, it’s crucial to speak with an experienced injury attorney as soon as possible to preserve your legal rights.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If you’re suffering from injuries after a car accident in Crowley, LA, an attorney from Kenny Habetz Injury Law can help. We’ll handle your case from start to finish while you focus on recovering and healing.
Contact our law office today for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your auto accident, injuries, and legal options for pursuing compensation.
Auto Accident Attorneys Review
Crowley Auto Repair Shops
- Guidry’s Tire & Roadside Service – 1029 S Parkerson Ave, Crowley, LA 70526
- L & M Tire Company – 101 S Parkerson Ave Crowley, LA 70526
Crowley Emergency Room
- Acadia General Hospital: Emergency Room – 1305 Crowley Rayne Hwy, Crowley, LA 70526
Crowley Physical Therapists
- Thrive Physical Therapy – Crowley – 502 N Parkerson Ave, Crowley, LA 70526
- Eric Lambousy Physical Therapy and Wellness – 1455 Wright Ave Suite A, Crowley, LA 70526
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.