Were you injured in an accident with a large commercial truck in Crowley, Louisiana? You might be able to hold the truck driver, trucking company, or other parties liable for your medical bills and other losses. A Crowley truck accident lawyer at Kenny Habetz Injury Law is here to provide assistance and seek fair compensation, call us at (337) 329-8883.
We’re dedicated to helping injured victims secure the financial recovery they deserve, and we’ll put over a decade of experience behind cases involving Crowley car accident lawyer, wrongful death, slip and fall, Crowley motorcycle accidents, Crowley truck accidents and more.
Contact our law office by calling us or completing our online form. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your truck accident and provide preliminary legal advice regarding your available options.
How Our Crowley Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Truck Accident
Truck accident claims are typically complex personal injury cases. They may involve multiple parties and complicated federal and state trucking regulations. You don’t want to take on a legal battle against a trucking company or large insurance company without the assistance of a skilled attorney.
Kenny Habetz Injury Law will thoroughly handle your truck accident case so that you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery. We understand that it’s a stressful time in your life, and we’re here to compassionately guide you through the legal process.
If you hire our Crowley personal injury attorneys for help after a truck collision, we’ll:
- Investigate the accident and coordinate with state and/or federal agencies as we establish causation and identify the responsible parties
- Gather evidence and consult leading industry experts if necessary to build a solid case
- Calculate your damages and negotiate for a fair settlement that fully compensates you
- Protect you from victim-blaming and other strategies insurance adjusters use to undervalue and deny valid personal injury claims
- Represent you in court proceedings and at trial if necessary
Contact our law firm to learn how we can help after a truck accident in Crowley, LA. We’re available 24/7, so call today to schedule a time to discuss your collision with an experienced truck accident attorney.
How Common Are Truck Accidents in Crowley?
According to Center for Analytics & Research in Transportation Safety data, as of December 26, 2022, there have been 2,286 statewide crashes involving tractor-trailers.
Out of those accidents:
- 14 were fatal
- 603 caused a suspected injury
- 69 occurred in Acadia Parish (resulting in one fatal crash and 21 injury crashes)
Based on these preliminary figures for 2022, nearly 27% of all truck accidents in Louisiana cause an injury or fatality. For Acadia Parish, almost 32% of tractor-trailer collisions result in injuries or death.
What Causes Most Truck Accidents in Crowley, Louisiana?
Although Louisiana commercial truck drivers must carry a commercial driver’s license (CDL), meet certain requirements, and pass skills tests, accidents can still happen. And unfortunately, many of these accidents occur due to negligence and are entirely avoidable.
Some common causes of truck accidents throughout Louisiana include:
- Distracted driving, such as looking at a GPS or talking on the phone
- Fatigued driving from violating FMCSA hours-of-service regulations
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances
- Aggressive driving, such as road rage or brake checking
- Improper or illegal lane changes or turns
- Unevenly loaded cargo
- Overloaded cargo
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Running red lights or disregarding traffic signals
- Failing to check blind spots
- Inexperienced truck drivers
- Negligent truck maintenance
- Failing to inspect the truck
Truck accidents aren’t always caused directly by negligence. For example, defective truck components or parts (e.g., malfunctioning brakes or faulty tires) could cause a collision. In that case, the manufacturer could be liable for your damages. We’ll investigate to determine what caused the crash and who bears responsibility for it.
What Is My Crowley Truck Accident Case Worth?
Every truck accident case has a unique set of facts and varying parties and injuries. Accordingly, the value of your case will depend on several different factors.
We’ll ask several questions to assess your truck accident case, including but not limited to:
- How severe are your injuries? How do they impact your quality of life?
- What is the current value of your medical expenses?
- What are your anticipated healthcare needs in the future, such as ongoing physical therapy or treatment?
- How much time have you missed from work? Are you expected to return to work in the same capacity?
- Do you share fault for causing the collision?
- What are the personal effects of the accident and your injuries, such as pain, suffering, and emotional trauma?
- Are you expected to recover fully, or will you suffer permanent impairment, disfigurement, or disability?
The available insurance coverage and parties involved can also impact the value of your case. It’s important that we understand the full extent of your losses before we begin negotiating so that we include everything in our demand for compensation. Contact us as soon as possible so that we can start gathering evidence and calculating your damages.
What Compensation Is Available To Truck Accident Victims in Louisiana?
Truck accident victims in Crowley and throughout Louisiana can pursue compensation for their economic (financial) and non-economic (subjective, harder-to-value) losses.
Economic damages cover things like:
- Medical expenses, including ER and doctor’s visits and other healthcare services
- Future medical costs, such as if you require physical therapy
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning potential (if you’re unable to work in the same capacity)
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage
Non-economic damages could include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Reduced quality of life
We’ll evaluate your injuries and how they’ve impacted your life as we calculate your damages. We want to fight for every penny you deserve after a truck accident in Crowley, LA.
Who Could Be Liable for My Semi-Truck Accident in Crowley?
Truck accident claims can be tricky because it’s not always apparent who should bear liability. For example, the truck driver’s status as either an employee or independent contractor may be a factor to consider. The trucking company may be vicariously liable if the truck driver is its employee. A loading company could be responsible if they improperly loaded the truck.
The following parties could share liability in a Crowley truck accident case:
- Truck driver
- Other motorists who contributed to the wreck
- Trucking company
- Cargo loading company
- Truck leasing company
- Shipping company
- Manufacturer of defective truck parts
- Property owner
- Government entity
More than one party could be named as defendants in your semi-truck accident case. We know how to handle these complex personal injury matters and hold every responsible party financially accountable.
We’ll Fight To Pursue Compensation for All of Your Truck Accident Injuries
Collisions with large, heavy trucks can cause devastating injuries – and it’s usually the people in passenger vehicles who suffer the most catastrophic injuries.
A Crowley truck accident attorney at Kenny Habetz Injury Law can help no matter what types of injuries you’ve sustained, including but not limited to:
- Traumatic brain injury, such as concussion
- Neck injury, such as whiplash
- Back injury
- Facial injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve damage
- Dislocated and broken bones
- Soft tissue injury
- Internal organ injury
- Lost limb or amputation
- Seat belt injury
- Chest injury
- Crushing injury
If you lost a loved one in a fatal truck crash, we’ll help you file a wrongful death case for your loss of support and companionship. Call today to learn more about your legal rights after a truck accident in Crowley.
What If I’m Blamed for a Truck Accident in Louisiana?
As long as you aren’t entirely to blame for the crash, you can pursue compensation from other at-fault parties in a Louisiana truck accident case. That’s because Louisiana operates under a pure comparative fault statute.
Under state law, your awarded compensation will be proportionately reduced by your percentage of negligence. So if you share 60% of the blame for causing the truck accident, you can only recover 40% of your awarded settlement or verdict.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Truck Accident in Louisiana?
Louisiana law typically only gives you one year from the truck accident date to file a lawsuit. This is one of the shortest personal injury statutes of limitations in the country. It’s crucial to contact an experienced lawyer in Crowley as soon as possible. If you miss the applicable statutory deadline, you’ll forfeit your right to file a claim against the at-fault parties.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Crowley Truck Accident Lawyers
If you or a family member were harmed in a truck accident in Crowley, LA, you don’t have much time to take legal action. You need to seek medical treatment, determine the extent of your losses, gather evidence, and handle insurance claims.
Kenny Habetz Injury Law is here to help. We’re passionate about fighting for the maximum compensation for our clients.
Contact our Crowley law office to speak with an experienced truck accident attorney. We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation to listen to your story, discuss your legal options, and help you understand your best path forward.
Crowley Auto Repair Shops
- Guidry’s Tire & Roadside Service – 1029 S Parkerson Ave, Crowley, LA 70526
- L & M Tire Company – 101 S Parkerson Ave Crowley, LA 70526
Crowley Emergency Room
- Acadia General Hospital: Emergency Room – 1305 Crowley Rayne Hwy, Crowley, LA 70526
Crowley Physical Therapists
- Thrive Physical Therapy – Crowley – 502 N Parkerson Ave, Crowley, LA 70526
- Eric Lambousy Physical Therapy and Wellness – 1455 Wright Ave Suite A, Crowley, LA 70526
- Physical Therapy Clinic-Rayne – 500 W Branche St, Rayne, LA 70578
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Our Crowley, LA personal injury law office also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Crowley, LA
- Brain Injury Lawyer in Crowley, LA
- Car Accident Attorney in Crowley, LA
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Crowley, LA
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Crowley, LA
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Crowley, LA
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Crowley, LA
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Crowley, LA
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Crowley, LA
- Product Liability Attorney in Crowley, LA
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Crowley, LA
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Crowley, LA
- Workers Compensation Attorney in Crowley, LA
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Crowley, LA
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Crowley, LA