Any car accident can be serious and scary. However, head-on crashes are more likely to be fatal than other types of crashes. It can be downright terrifying to see a vehicle heading directly towards you and not being able to do anything to avoid it crashing into you. If someone else negligently caused a head-on crash, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and more.
If you were injured in a head-on crash in Lafayette, LA, turn to us for help. Our Lafayette head-on crash lawyer from Kenny Habetz Injury Law can help if you are injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence. Since 2010, we have been helping accident victims recover fair compensation – to date, totaling millions of dollars.
How Kenny Habetz Injury Law Can Help After a Head-On Crash in Lafayette
Every day, accidents occur in Lafayette, Louisiana. However, accident victims often struggle with recovering the compensation they need and deserve after being injured because of someone else’s carelessness.
Our trusted attorney has been named as a Best Car Accident Lawyer and Best Personal Injury Lawyer in Lafayette by Expertise. He has also been included in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum in recognition of his significant victories throughout his career. When you hire Kenny Habetz Injury Law, you can count on our Lafayette accident attorney to:
- Investigate the head-on crash and the factors that contributed to it
- Gather compelling evidence to show the head-on driver was at fault for the accident
- Review evidence in your case, including accident reports, witness statements, and photos of the accident
- Calculate the full extent of your damages
- Manage your claim from start to finish
- Fight for fair compensation for your accident, in or out of the courtroom
Take advantage of our free case review and contact us today.
The Dangers Of Head-On Crashes
Head-on crashes do not occur as often as other types of accidents, but when they do occur, they are more likely to result in death or serious injury. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration, head-on collisions are the most harmful event in 14% of traffic deaths. Throughout the country, there are approximately 5,250 traffic fatalities due to head-on collisions.
According to the Louisiana Department of Transportation & Development, there were 997 traffic fatalities on Louisiana roadways in 2021. If 14% of these fatalities were due to head-on collisions, that would be about 140 fatalities. A leading cause of head-on collisions is impaired driving, which is responsible for 40% of all traffic fatalities in Louisiana.
Common Head-On Crash Injuries
Head-on crashes often occur at higher speeds. The combined force of two vehicles colliding can result in very serious injuries, including:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Blunt force trauma
- Internal organ damage
- Chest injuries
- Broken bones
- Scarring and disfiguring injuries
These injuries often require extensive medical treatment if they do not prove fatal.
What Causes Head-On Crashes in Lafayette, LA?
Head-on collisions usually occur when a car crosses into an opening lane of traffic and hits a vehicle traveling in the opposite direction. They can also happen when a vehicle travels the wrong way down a one-way road. Common causes of head-on crashes include:
- Impaired driving – Drivers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs may lack judgment, become drowsy while driving, or lack depth perception, causing them to veer into the path of others.
- Distracted driving – Drivers who are texting, using their cell phone, talking, or otherwise distracted may not notice signs and might cross into opposing lanes.
- Drowsy driving – Drivers who fall asleep behind the wheel can crash into vehicles traveling in the opposite direction.
- Speeding – Drivers who take a curve too fast or approach a bend in the road too quickly can lose control of their vehicle and crash into nearby vehicles driving in the opposite direction.
- Reckless driving – Drivers who are racing or otherwise driving in a reckless manner may lose control of their vehicle and crash into opposing traffic.
- Aggressive passing – Sometimes, drivers will pass slower vehicles without ensuring there is enough space to get back into the proper lane in time to avoid a collision.
- Wrong-way drivers – Confused or impaired drivers may drive the wrong way down a one-way street.
- Poor road design – Sometimes, the cause of a head-on crash is due to poor road design, such as roads that have curves that are too sharp or have inadequate signage.
If you were injured in a head-on crash caused by someone else’s negligence, reach out to our dedicated team for assistance. We can help you seek the compensation you deserve.
What Compensation Is Available to Head-On Car Crash Victims in Louisiana?
If you are harmed because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for the damages you suffer, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity
- Long-term disability
- Property damage
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Insurance companies will often try to minimize the value of your claim, so you need a fierce legal advocate to fight for what’s right. Contact Kenny Habetz Injury Law today to learn more about how we can help.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Lafayette Head-On Crash Lawyers
Were you recently injured in a head-on crash in Lafayette, Louisiana? If so, a Lafayette head-on crash lawyer from Kenny Habetz Injury Law is here to help you pursue compensation for the harm you suffered because of someone else’s carelessness. Call us today for your free case review.