Were you injured in a car accident caused by excessive speed in Lafayette, LA? If it resulted from another driver’s negligence, they should be held accountable for your losses.
An experienced Lafayette speeding accident lawyer at Kenny Habetz Injury Law will help you obtain the compensation you need. With over a decade of experience, we’re dedicated to assisting personal injury victims throughout southern Louisiana. We’ve secured millions of dollars for our clients – and we’ll pursue the financial recovery you deserve.
Contact our law office at (337) 399-9000 to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced Lafayette car accident attorney. We’ll discuss your speeding collision and legal options for a monetary award.
How Can Our Lafayette Car Wreck Attorneys Help After a Crash Caused By Speeding?
Filing an insurance claim can be daunting and stressful when you’re dealing with painful injuries and trauma. You shouldn’t have to worry about legal issues in the aftermath of an auto accident caused by someone else.
Let our Lafayette car accident attorneys take on some of your burdens and alleviate your stress.
When you hire our law firm after a speeding accident in Lafayette, Louisiana, we’ll help by:
- Informing you of your legal rights and keeping you involved in all decisions
- Investigating all aspects of the collision, including all potentially liable parties
- Gathering evidence to prove your case, such as accident reports, eyewitness statements, traffic camera footage, expert opinions, medical records, and more
- Negotiating with the at-fault driver’s insurance company and protecting your interests
- Advocating for you in court if necessary
We offer a free, no-obligation case assessment and accept cases on a contingency fee basis. That means you won’t owe our attorneys anything upfront to obtain honest legal advice or representation.
What Makes Speeding So Dangerous?
Speeding or driving too fast for traffic or weather conditions endangers everyone on the road – including yourself.
Some of the risks of speeding include:
- It reduces a driver’s reaction time to avoid a crash
- It increases the automobile’s stopping distance
- It increases the likelihood of losing control of the vehicle
- In the event of a collision, it typically causes more catastrophic injuries
- It reduces the effectiveness of vehicle safety features (airbags and seat belts) and road safety structures (guardrails and barriers)
In recent years, speeding accounted for nearly 30% of all traffic-related fatalities, killing an average of 30 people daily.
How Do I Prove My Lafayette Speeding Accident Case?
When a driver speeds, they are engaging in either negligent or reckless driving behavior.
To obtain compensation in a personal injury claim, you’ll need to gather evidence proving the following elements of negligence:
- The at-fault driver (defendant) owed you a duty of care
- The defendant breached their duty of care by speeding, which violates traffic laws
- The speeding directly caused the collision
- You sustained damages, such as medical bills and emotional trauma
Our car accident attorneys in Lafayette will help you identify and collect the necessary evidence to prove liability and damages.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Pursue After a Speeding Accident in Lafayette, Louisiana?
Speeding accident victims in Lafayette can seek compensation for all damages caused by the crash, including financial and personal losses.
Economic damages are the monetary expenses you incurred, such as:
- Past medical costs
- Future medical expenses, including rehabilitation, physical therapy, and ongoing treatment
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses, including childcare, medications, and travel
- Property damage
Many people don’t know that they can also pursue non-economic damages for things like:
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Permanent disfigurement
If your speeding car accident resulted from a drunk driver’s recklessness, you may also be entitled to punitive damages under Louisiana law. Our Lafayette personal injury attorneys will pursue every dollar when advocating for your right to fair compensation.
Common Injuries Sustained in Speeding Accidents in Louisiana
When vehicles collide at high speeds, the consequences can be devastating. Victims can be left with life-changing catastrophic injuries that affect their ability to earn a living or care for themselves.
Kenny Habetz Injury Law has helped victims who have sustained:
- Back injuries
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Nerve damage
- Organ damage
Regardless of the type and severity of your injuries, you deserve compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial impact. Our car accident lawyers in Lafayette will help you hold all at-fault parties liable.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Speeding Accident in Louisiana?
Louisiana law implements a statute of limitations, which limits the time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. In most cases, you’ll have one year to take legal action. The time starts on the date of the speeding accident (or the date of death if the crash was fatal).
One year isn’t a lot of time to receive medical treatment, gather evidence, calculate damages, and build a case. Therefore, it’s essential to contact an experienced car accident lawyer in Lafayette as soon as possible to ensure your claim is as strong as possible.
Contact Our Car Accident Law Firm in Lafayette for a Free Case Evaluation
If you were injured in a speeding accident in Lafayette, LA, you’re likely dealing with painful injuries and psychological trauma. You may also be struggling with bills while missing time from work.
We understand the situation you’re in – and we’re ready to help. Contact our Lafayette speeding accident attorneys today for a free consultation to start the legal process. The award-winning legal team at Kenny Habetz Injury Law is available 24/7 to take your call.
- Louisiana Child Car Seat Laws
- Lafayette Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer
- Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Lafayette
- Car Accident Statistics in Lafayette, LA
- Can I Be Compensated For Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Lafayette, LA?
- Lafayette Hit & Run Accident Lawyer
- Airbag Injuries
- Red and Yellow Light Accidents